NFL
                       

Monday 20 July 2015

Remembering Raiders' legend Ken Stabler

Napa Valley Register

by Marty James


We use one of the rooms in our home as an office. It�s where we have our computers, a printer, fax machine and phone. It�s very quiet in there, as there is no TV or radio.

Years ago, we had the office remodeled, with book shelves installed on one of the walls and the addition of really nice desks � one for my wife, Karen, and the other for me.

Over the years, I�ve added to my collection of sports books, which are on the second shelf. There are all kinds of books, particularly those on football and golf, two of my favorite sports.

For Christmas of 1986, Karen gave me a book, �Snake,� by Ken Stabler and Berry Stainback. It�s a 244-page autobiography of Stabler, the legendary quarterback who played for the Oakland Raiders from 1970 to 1979, leading the Silver and Black to a 32-14 victory over the Minnesota Vikings in the 1977 Super Bowl in Pasadena.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment